Boosting and maintaining your professional career is as hard as getting a job. There are a number of platforms such as social media that people use to find jobs and once they get the job, they can also use these platforms to boost up their professional careers. One such example is Facebook which in addition to helping you find jobs according to your requirements also helps you in boosting up your professional career.
Facebook has more than 2.3 billion monthly active users and around 1.56 billion daily active users.
Despite the fact that LinkedIn is certainly the king of professional social media, however, that doesn’t mean you ought to not invest in a very skilled Facebook profile as well.
Facebook is the most popular network in the world, and it can help you promote your work, as well as connect with other professionals. If you are searching for a job, keep in mind that recruiters will usually search for information about you on Facebook to determine whether you are a good candidate or not.
The best way to make your professional career succeed using Facebook is by creating a Facebook page. The following are shown the ways to create a Facebook page and making it visible to all the world.
Creating a Facebook page
People around the world use Facebook to be in contact with their family and friends. Almost every person in the world has a phone that can be used to install Facebook or use Facebook and post on it. You can use it to create a page and reach a larger audience.
Creating a Facebook page is very simple and easy. To create a Facebook page, all you have to do is to open the Facebook website on your laptop, log in with your personal account if you have one or create one if you haven’t. Then click on the down-arrow on the end of the toolbar on the top right corner, and select create a page, select a category and provide the information asked.
Choose the best name for the page. You can use your own name or something like Marketing Consultant, etc. You will need to add all about you and your profession. All the personal information that you deem fit should be in the about section, you can tell about yourself and why you have created this page. Tell them what you’re gonna offer and why should they follow you. You should also upload a profile photo and a cover photo. The profile photo should be a recent photo of you and show a convenient attire. The cover photo should be related to your professional activity.
The same procedure can be adapted for mobile devices using the Facebook application and using the same steps you can create your own Facebook page with much more convenience.
When it comes to choosing the category for your page, you can choose something general as “blogger” or “personal blog” which suits most of the time. But even, depending on your activity, you can choose something more specific like “legal”, “writer” or “consulting”, to name a few. Since you can create up to 3 categories a combination like “blogger” and “legal” could do the job if this is your case. Anyway, it’s important that the category or categories of the page indicate the most precisely your professional activity.
After creating the Facebook page, you have to do an in-depth review of your page because this would act as your personal promoter.
Using the Facebook page
Once your Facebook page is up and running, for it to represent you and your profession it should be rich in that content which is most relevant to your professional career. Write quality content that people would find interesting and will be compelled to respond. If they find your posts valuable they will definitely share it.
Now, the advantages of a Facebook page are countless. Your own page will allow you to connect with people and tell your stories. All your professional colleagues, seniors, executive managers might be active FB users. You can add them in your friend list and ask them to follow your page. You can give valuable feedback on their posts and in return they will do the same.
There are a number of ways that you can adapt to make your Facebook page look promising and attract most of the audience.
Some of the tips to run a successful Facebook page are as follows:
- Publish new and quality content on a timely basis. Every day if you can. If not at least 3 times a week.
- Offer solutions for a problem, related to your field.
- Start giving timely responses to the people who contact you or comment on your posts.
- Promote your page on different platforms.
- Keep improving the page to make it look more interesting to the readers and visitors.
When more and more people will follow your page and start liking your posts, your reputation as a professional will improve. It will create a better image of you in the industry and you will definitely find some new great opportunities.
Getting more from Facebook
There some important tips to get more from Facebook:
- Join Groups. Joining Facebook groups (the closed ones are the most interesting) can help you make connections with other professionals in your field. It’s important to maintain an active presence on them, so avoid to join many groups and choose carefully those who best suit your professional interest.
- Like Pages related to your industry. Other FB pages can be a good way to find out about new trends in your industry. This is a great way to attain new and relevant information and also trustworthy sources to share posts from.
- Follow People and Pages that are important in your field. Although it’s more noticeable to build professional connections on Linkedin, this doesn’t mean you can’t use Facebook likewise. In order to advance your career, creating a professional Facebook profile is crucial. Just remember to check your privacy settings and be careful about what you’re sharing.